Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Breaking the Wedding Budget down!


Anyone who thinks planning a DIY wedding is easy is a 100% wrong. The amount of research and preparation involved is outstanding (thank God for the internet). Kudos to wedding planners – planning a wedding is no easy feat.

When I first started this journey the number one thing on my list was finding my dream dress. I assumed once I had the dress everything else would magically fall into place. I quickly realized that though the dress is an integral component of the wedding there are a million and one other details that need to be tackled before I can run around doing the fun stuff –dress and shoe shopping.

If I were using a wedding planner the first question they would have is – what’s your budget? Last night, after much deliberation, negotiation, screaming and kicking, BB and I checked a very important thing off our wedding list – setting a wedding budget.

I’m reading a book called Weddings: How to Create Your Dream Wedding without Breaking the Bank by Denise Vivaldo. She suggests that a wedding budget breakdown should look something like this:

Wedding reception: 50 %
Photography: 10%
Music: 10%
Stationary: 4%
Wedding Flowers: 10%
Wedding Attire: 10%
Additional Expenses: 6%

Now that we have a wedding budget in mind, we can start looking at what’s possible in terms of wedding venues, guest list and of course…the dress.  


Wow 5% Exclusive Coupon for Organic Bouquet

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your posts, another book you should consider reading is The DIY Bride: 40 Fun Projects for Your Ultimate One-of-a-Kind Wedding by Khris Cochran. I helped plan my sister’s wedding and we used that book for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I'll definitely look for that book!

    ReplyDelete